Imagine my delight when I logged on today to discover that sweet Valerie at Atlantamomofthree nominated me for the Versatile Blog Award. Though I had something else in mind today I decided to post this lovely acceptance and nomination blog today…..before I forget…..which I do a lot…. especially if I don’t write it down or get it on my phone task pad. (I swear if I ever lose my phone I won’t know where to go or who my friends are. Seriously.) This might explain why Valerie hasn’t received a post card from me for her postcard blog. I keep forgetting to put it on my shopping list. The one on my phone. If I were truly versatile I would carry both a paper list and the one on my phone. I’ll work on that. In the mean time I appreciate the nomination and shout out from a truly lovely blogger. Check out her blog which really is versatile and one of my favorites. She is one of those women who honestly lives her faith. I love that!
Okay – on to business – before I forget….
Here are the rules for accepting this award:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs for the award.
- List 7 random things about you.
- Put the award pic on your acceptance post
1 and 4….check! Now to tackle the center of the award.
Now for the nominations. I always struggle with this because there are so many great blogs and I follow and love many of them. I am going to try to limit myself to a few that I feel fit the definition of versatile. Well….my definition of versatile.
Motherhood Is An Art - is one of my favorites. I look forward each day to this great lady’s offering. You never know if you are going to get a craft idea, a sweet memory or a funny anecdote from daily life. I feel like I have been invited to be a part of this family. Love it!
Behind The Mind’s Ear - is married to the lovely lady above. Fairly new to blogging he has already tackled a variety of thoughts and linked them all to GREAT music. He recently divulged that he may have a dark side….I can’t wait to see how this unfolds.
The Return Of The Modern Philosopher - I recently discovered this blog and it quickly became one of my favorites. This truly gifted screenwriter shares his “deep thoughts” which will have you laughing until you can’t breathe. No subject is off limits to his quick wit and hilarious spin. Great fun!
Post Departum Depression – is another of my long time favorites. This wonderful teacher shares not only her life as she adjusts to her empty nest but her passion on a variety of issues. Great reading – great blog – great lady!
Ambling & Rambling - is another favorite. You never know what this Jersey-girl is going to share but you can be sure she’ll tell it like it is. A delightfully real look at life from a delightful lady.
The Embiggens Project - is one of the first blogs I found and remains one of my all time favorites. This wonderfully crazy woman may be the closest thing I’ve ever found to a kindred spirit. You never know what subject she will tackle in her blog but you can bet that you will laugh until you hurt. I have no idea where she finds her material but I’m so glad she shares it!
Finally – seven random things about me. How hard can that be? I’m pretty random.
- I have very little feeling on the ball of my right foot. While on a camping trip to celebrate my 6th birthday I ran, barefoot, through the remains of the previous night’s campfire. I distinctly remember blowing out the candles of my Holly Hobby cake while my foot was in a bucket of ice.
- I collected Smurf paraphernalia while in junior high and high school. I have no idea where it all went because I left it when I moved out. (Bad kid.) My daughters recently made me a fleece blanket with Smurfette on it. Best. Gift. Ever.
- My sister and my husband’s sister both played the flute. Our oldest daughter plays the flute. My husband and I both played the trumpet. Our youngest daughter plays the trumpet. (You’d think we could have saved at least one of those instruments wouldn’t you??) Our youngest son recently announced that he wants to play the trombone. Guess what my brother played? I have no idea why our oldest son chose the bass guitar. No genetic connection there.
- I loved the cartoon Grape Ape when I was little. As a result my favorite color was purple and I would only chew grape gum, drink grape pop, eat grape Popsicles…you get the drift. I still have an affinity for grape juice.
- My paternal grandfather belonged to an old-fashioned Muzzeloader’s club. He believed that each of his grandchildren should learn how to shoot one so he taught us. (Except for my sister maybe. I’m not sure how she got out of that.) I still have the handmade seed bead “native american” necklace I won for taking first place in the 8-12 year old division of the one and only tournament I went to with him. (Yes – that was the last time I fired a gun.)
- I have to sleep with a blanket covering the bottom half of my ear. I blame my mother who to this day runs around and covers nappers with blankets – up to the center of their ear. (I think I shared this in a comment somewhere….is that cheating?)
- Don’t ever say the words, “Tomorrow is another day.” to me or you will spend the next hour listening to quotes from “Gone With The Wind“. I scare myself sometimes….
I think I got it all so I’m off to notify my fabulous nominees! Before I forget……